But read on to find out what it’s all about and put your name on the wait-list!
Are you looking for a way to structure your writing lessons that will get the best out of your students and save you a whole heap of planning time? Does teaching writing leave you doubting your own abilities as a teacher? Do you find yourself frustrated when students just can’t seem to get started and can’t write without you sitting right there next to them?
If any of these applies to you, it is time to join my Term 3, 2020 Teach Along!
The Term 3, 2020 Teach Along is “Text Based Language and Writing”. The aim of this Teach Along is that you will develop greater confidence in teaching sentence structure and grammar in a contextualised, engaging and responsive way and support students to apply this knowledge in their writing. The Term 3, 2020 Teaching Along will focus on:
- Learning how to choose a text that will respond to your students’ language learning needs
- Using quality texts to build oral language
- Teaching the literature and language strands of the Australian Curriculum
- Full engagement lessons so that there are no children sitting quietly at the back of the room, not participating
- A focus on oral language as the foundation of writing
- Teaching grammar in context
- Using an explicit teaching model
The Term 3, 2020 Teach Along will involve:
- 5 weeks (or more depending on your context and preference)
- I will take you through the planning and teaching English units, step by step in 5 x 1hr planning sessions.
As part of the ‘Text Based Teaching’ Teach Along you will receive an editable PDF planning document. You can download a sample page from this document below.
All sessions will be recorded and available to you for download.